Production Blog: Editing

  Hey bloggers and welcome back to the continuation of my opening sequence. Today I will be tinkering throughout my sequence attempting to make it as improved as possible. Very similarly to what I did with my last blog. Considering how much I tweaked during the film review and the critique I used. It was relatively hard for me to see what was still wrong with the opening sequence. This meant I had to thoroughly watch and rewatch our current sequence in order to find thing I could improve upon. This took me quite a bit of minutes before finding pieces of the opening sequence that were not up to standard. The first thing I changed was the positioning of the titles as I wasn't very fond of where they previously were. At times the titles blocked out some important backgrounds or scenes due to their position and size. After noticing this I shifted almost all of the titles so that they would occupy different corners in places without importance to the sequence. I made sure however, to not let the titles be overlooked and forgotten about. I made sure of this by putting the titles in corners that contrasted the dark red of the titles. To make them more apparent I even tried adding a subtle glow to make them more eye catching. I eventually removed the glow as I thought it looked kind of silly and took away from the immersion of the opening sequence. The glow was also extremely hard to blend in with both the brighter and darker scenes of our sequence. I also tried giving the titles a sound effect every time they came out similar to a wind swooshing sound. This however did not work at all and it made the sequence look absolutely terrible. The swooshing sound would conflict with the sound in the sequence and during some scenes it even clouded out the dialogue in between the characters. Due to this I decided to go against adding any sound effects for the title and just focused on placing them in places where they would stand out but not obstruct what was going on during the sequence. But that is it for today, see ya later bloggers



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Pitch

Critical Creative Reflection Blog